Rich in oil and highly nutritious, Niger Seeds are the ideal way of helping the small birds in your local area thrive and survive. Our Niger Seeds are:
- 100% premium, oil-rich and highly nutritious niger
- Ideal for helping smaller birds thrive all year round
- Entice goldfinches, greenfinches and siskins into your garden
- Packed in resealable Gripseal bags for your convenience
Bird species that typically enjoy niger seeds include:
Goldfinch, Pine Siskins, Common Redpolls (if you’re lucky!) and other small birds.
How do I feed Niger Seeds to birds?
We recommend using a Thistle Feeder if you are using Niger as a sole feed. However, they also work perfectly well when mixed with other seeds like Sunflower Hearts or when fed from a ground feeder.
What are Niger Seeds?
Niger seed (often called Nyger Seed or Nyjer Seed) is a type of seed that comes from an African yellow daisy. Because of their rich oil content, they are often referred to as the “burger of the bird world”.
Why are Niger Seeds good for birds?
Niger seeds are high in healthy oils, proteins and fibre, making them an ideal source of energy for the feathered friends visiting your garden. Further benefits include:
- Soft skin husk, making it easy for small birds to peck at the goodness beneath
- High in fat, making it an ideal winter feed when birds need to pack on the pounds
- The tiny size of the seed gives smaller birds a competitive advantage
Packaging: Choose from a variety of weight options ranging from 500g to 25 kg. All our bird feed is packed in resealable Grip Seal pouches for your convenience, which can be used for a variety of further purposes or recycled.