Live in an area that’s difficult to sow grass? Want to impress your neighbours with a green, luscious lawn? Look no further than our premium blend hard wearing grass seed. Specifically formulated for gardens with light foam to heavy clay soil, this grass is persistent and highly durable, ensuring you always have fresh green grass to admire. Our 2021 formula is:
- Formulated to be easy to establish in all soil types
- Hardwearing and easy for you to maintain
- Specifically designed for UK summer and autumn weather
- Sowing rate (new lawn: 50g/m2 - patching up: 35g/m2)
- Delivered in resealable Gripseal bags
What is your hard wearing grass seed made from?
This hard wearing grass seed is made up of:
30% Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass
30% Strong Creeping Red Fescue
10% Slender Creeping Red Fescue
20% Chewings Fescue
5% Smooth Stalked Meadow Grass
5% Browntop Bent
How much grass seed do I need for my lawn?
- If you’re sowing a new lawn, we recommend using 50g of seed per 1m2
- If you’re patching up an old lawn, we recommend using 35g of seed per 1m2
For example, if your garden is 5m2, we’d recommend buying 250g of lawn seed. For a 10m2 garden, we recommend 500g of lawn seed.
It doesn’t matter too much if you oversow or undersow, but if you’re not seeing desired growth after a few weeks, then maybe resow areas that look a little patchy.
The first cut - when should I mow?
Letting your grass grow to the right height before mowing it is essential to its future growth. Our recommendation is:
Spring and summer use - 2.5-3cm
Autumn and winter use - 3-5cm