Keep your birds stimulated and entertained with high protein, low-fat millet spray from Feeds&Seeds. Our spray millet is:
Aviary and Caged Bird species that typically enjoy Spray Millet include:
- 10-inch premium quality millet sprays
- Only the freshest, large sprays are selected for sale, no-mould guarantee
- Packed with vitamins and minerals like magnesium, phosphorus and silica to keep your birds healthy
- Delivered in resealable Gripseal bags for your convenience
Budgies, Parakeets, Cockatiels, Parrots, Canary, Finch, Sm Conure, Meyers, Senegals, Lovebird, Quaker, Caique
Why is Spray Millet good for birds?
Birds are natural foragers. Whether they’re pecking at the ground or harvesting their own seed, birds usually spend their natural lives sourcing food. This is the key thinking behind Spray Millet. The stalk. hanging treat design means the bird has to dehull and harvest their own food, making it a more natural way to feed your birds. Further benefits include:
- High in protein but low in fat, making it an ideal treat during moulting or breeding season
- Highly alkaline carbohydrate, making it easier for your birds to digest
- Rich in a variety of minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, iron, niacin, and riboflavin
- Entertaining to watch birds harvest their own food.
How Much Millet Spray Should I Feed My Budgie/Parakeet/Cockatiel?
There's no set rule on how much millet spray to feed a budgie. The general idea among bird enthusiasts is to
A) Treat millet spray as complementary food
B) Make sure millet spray is not all they're eating
C) Ensure they're not ignoring other food in exchange for the millet.
In our experience, try to use Millet Spray as a treat every two days or as a training tool where the bird has to actively work for the food.
How Long Does Millet Spray Last?
Millet spray that is kept dry and sealed will last for up to a year. However, if it gets damp or feels extra dry, then it may be stale and you're best feeding the remaining sprays to wild birds.
Can I Feed Millet Spray to Wild Birds?
Millet spray is perfectly safe to feed to wild birds. In fact, in our experience, wild birds love Millet Spray. You can also feed Millet Spray to hamsters and gerbils as a foraging treat. Packaging:
Choose from a variety of weight options ranging from 500g to 20 kg. All our bird feed is packed in resealable Grip Seal pouches for your convenience, which can be used for a variety of further purposes or recycled.