Bring your lawn to life in a matter of weeks with our premium blend fast-growing grass seed. Made from a complex mixture of strong creeping red fescue and dwarf perennial ryegrass, this seed will have you adoring beautiful green grass in weeks (if not days!). Our 2021 formula is:
- Fast to establish, offering guaranteed results in a matter of weeks
- Specifically designed for UK summer and autumn weather
- Sowing rate (new lawn: 50g/m2 - patching up: 35g/m2)
- Delivered in resealable Gripseal bags
What is your fast-growing grass seed made from?
This fast-growing grass seed is made up of:
50% strong creeping red fescue
50% dwarf perennial ryegrass
How much grass seed do I need for my lawn?
- If you’re sowing a new lawn, we recommend using 50g of seed per 1m2
- If you’re patching up an old lawn, we recommend using 35g of seed per 1m2
For example, if your garden is a 10m2 garden, we recommend 500g of lawn seed.
It doesn’t matter too much if you oversow or undersow, but if you’re not seeing desired growth after a few weeks, then maybe resow areas that look a little patchy.
The first cut - when should I mow?
Letting your grass grow to the right height before mowing it is essential to its future growth. Our recommendation is:
Spring and summer use - 2.5-3cm
Autumn and winter use - 3-5cm